Counselor/Case Manager (Per Diem)
As a part of a multidisciplinary clinical team, Counselor/Case Manager provides weekly counseling/case management services to residents in substance use recovery at the Granada House in Allston.
- Complete residentprogress notes and treatment plans.
- Maintain records and logs by following clinical documentation time-lines and requirements.
- Share information with other staff about assigned residents’ progress.
- Run groups and provide individual counseling with clients in regard to specific substance use and related mental health issues.
- Provide integrated strengths based therapeutic and case management sessions to men and women.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate psychotherapy groups per week
- Coordinate with collateral contacts, state agencies, school, DCF, probation, medical providers and families.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting and clinical supervision.
- Responsible for direct care coverage during the shift
- Provide on-call crisis intervention on a rotating basis.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisors
BA in related field preferred or a minimum high school diploma and a two years’ experience in substance abuse treatment. LADC II preferred. MS Outlook and Word proficiency.
Other preferred qualifications:
- Harm reduction philosophy of care
- Evidenced based treatments of substance use disorders including CBT, DBT motivational interviewing and Expressive Art’s Therapy.
- Trauma informed residential care.
- Skills – Good written and verbal skills, computer skills, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow and enforce the policies and procedures of the program.
- Be able to work independently and be responsible.
- Able to accept supervision and be part of a team.
- Ability to respond physically to the needs of the clients or other programs issues on all floors of the facility.
License/Certification – CADAC/LADC or equivalent preferred, or actively pursuing certification.
Please contact email@example.com with your resume and letter of interest.